It is a legal requirement for children to attend school. If a child is absent or late for any reason, a written note or verbal reason must be provided to the classroom teacher or front office.
- When students arrive late for school they must sign in through the front office
- If parents need to withdraw students during the day they must attend the front office first to request a permission slip to release their child from class
- Notes will be sent home three times per term for unexplained absences
Students are deemed to be at risk by the Department of Education if their attendance is below 90%.
|90%||If your child attends 90% of the time, we regard them as attending regularly, they could be missing:
|80%||If your child attends 80% of the time, we regard them in the lowest risk category, they could be missing:
|60%||If your child attends 60% of the time, we regard them at a moderate risk, they could be missing:
The School has an SMS service that sends a text message to the parent/guardian of the student who is absent from school. Parents can then send a response back to the school regarding their child’s absence, or a parent/guardian can send a text message to the school giving a reason for their child’s absence. The SMS text number is: 0408 693 507
Punctuality is important to children because:
- Being on time displays good manners
- Being late interrupts the class
- It may embarrass the child to be late
- The child may miss something vital if late
* It is essential that students participate in Morning Meetings which are held in every classroom from 8.30am.