In Western Australia, children can start their education in Kindergarten; however, compulsory schooling starts the following year in Pre-primary.
Who needs to enrol?
You need to apply to enrol your children in school for 2022 if they are:
- starting Kindergarten – 4 years old by 30 June 2022
- starting Pre-primary, the first year of compulsory school – 5 years old by 30 June 2022
- starting Year 7, the first year of secondary school
- changing schools.
You can find out what year your children need to start school with the school-age calculator at the Department of Education website.
All children of compulsory school age must be enrolled in school and attend every day – this is the law. All children must attend school up until they are 16 years old. Sixteen and 17 year olds must be enrolled in school or a training organisation, be employed or be in a combination of school/training/employment.
To enrol at our school fill in an application to enrol form and submit to the school with your supporting documentation.
Pre Primary – Year 6
Supporting documentation required:
- Original Birth Certificate
- Immunisation Record (from the Australian Childhood Immunisation Register)
- Proof of Residence (service bill e.g. gas or electric bill)
- A copy of the child’s visa information/residency status if born outside of Australia. If the child is born in Australia, and neither parent is born in Australia, visa information/residency status is also required.
Please advise your child’s teacher or the administration office in advance if you are leaving Neerigen Brook Primary School. This will allow for the organisation of refunds, collection of your child’s belongings, class work etc. Student records are forwarded by Neerigen Brook Primary School upon notification from the new school of your child’s enrolment.
A guide to the intake area of Neerigen Brook Primary School
Intake Map guide to our intake area for Neerigen Brook Primary School.