It is a legal requirement for children to attend school. If a child is absent or late for any reason, a written note or verbal reason must be provided to the classroom teacher or front office.
- When students arrive late for school they must sign in through the front office
- If parents need to withdraw students during the day they must attend the front office first to request a permission slip to release their child from class
- Notes will be sent home three times per term for unexplained absences
Students are deemed to be at risk by the Department of Education if their attendance is below 90%.
|90%||If your child attends 90% of the time, we regard them as attending regularly, they could be missing:1 day a fortnight.1 week a term.4 weeks a year.1 year by the end of Year 9.1 semester between Year 8 & Year 12.|
|80%||If your child attends 80% of the time, we regard them in the lowest risk category, they could be missing:1 day a week.2 weeks a term.8 weeks a year.1 year by the end of Year 4.2 years by the end of Year 8.3 years by the end of Year 12.1 year between Year 8 & Year 11.|
|60%||If your child attends 60% of the time, we regard them at a moderate risk, they could be missing:2 days a week.4 weeks a term.16 weeks each year.1 year by the end of Semester 1, Year 3.2 years by the end of Year 5.3 years by the end of Semester 1, Year 8.4 years by the end of Year 10.5 years by the end of Semester 1, Year 12.2 years between Year 8 & Year 12.|
The School has an SMS service that sends a text message to the parent/guardian of the student who is absent from school. Parents can then send a response back to the school regarding their child’s absence, or a parent/guardian can send a text message to the school giving a reason for their child’s absence. The SMS text number is: 0417 971 266
Punctuality is important to children because:
- Being on time displays good manners
- Being late interrupts the class
- It may embarrass the child to be late
- The child may miss something vital if late
* It is essential that students participate in Morning Meetings which are held in every classroom from 8.30am.